Monday, July 1, 2013

Self Improvement Through Beer

“Two wrongs do not make a right”, it is often said. And yet I have disproved this axiom through the unlikely medium of homebrew.

Permit me to explain. For my birthday, I was given a homebrewing kit – pictured.

I find the image on the box very misleading, because I don’t think any woman has ever reacted like this to the idea of homebrew. Unless of course she is thinking: “At last! Indisputable grounds for divorce!”

Home brewing is almost exclusively a male pursuit. I suspect this is because “yes, it may taste awful; give me the worst hangover I’ve ever; had AND the shits – BUT there’s 40 pints of it” is a thought which has never occurred to a woman. 

But I was telling you how two wrongs can make a right.

Ever since I have had this homebrew kit my consumption of beer has fallen to virtually zero. Why? Because I haven’t started making the homebrew yet, because I am lazy. At the same time, I refuse to buy any more beer when I have 40 potential pints lying around the house, because I am mean.

So laziness and meanness have joined together to create virtuous abstemiousness. And there you have two wrongs making a right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment